Wednesday 9 May 2012

Wings

Ahh.. Wings! The symbol of flight. There isn't a soul on earth who has never dreamt of being able to fly at least once in their life.

Heck, I still have that wish to fly. Especially when I've been stuck in traffic for two hours. I'm sure everyone has their own ideas of flight and fantasy. Some would dream of flying without wings, some with fairy wings, some with robotic airplane wings, some with butterfly wings, some gluttonous ones with chicken wings, etc.

If I were to have wings, I would imagine myself in dragonfly wings. I think dragonflies are misunderstood. Most ancient folklores always depict dragonflies and evil and unlucky creatures. For example, in Swedish folklore dragonflies are called 'Blind Stingers' and rumored to have a penchant for scratching people's eyes out! And also the devil uses dragonflies to weigh people's souls.


Well, who am I to say that they are not? I have no beef with the Swedish.

The point is, dragonflies have a dark side to them. Maybe it's something as simple as just looking really creepy. But it may be something even more. Which is why I like them. They are mysteriously evil. Just like me. (Though admitting it on this blog is not very mysterious.)

But they may also be a representative of good. In some cultures, when a person dies, their souls turn into dragonflies.

A good example of dragonfly wings would be from  Zoe Kravitz from the X-Men First Class movie. That is exactly what I would want. It wouldn't even matter if I couldn't fly. The tattoos alone are badass enough.


But unfortunately, I do not have such luxury to have a big prominent tattoo on my back and arms. So, basically during my more rebellious teenage years I settled for something less 'in your face'. And in a less obvious part of my body. This is a rendition of it.




No comments:

Post a Comment